Business Development Representative (BDR)
Position located in Tampa, FL. Minimal travel required.
As a Business Development Representative (BDR) at ThumbStopper, you’ll play a key role in generating qualified sales opportunities for the company into enterprise consumer brands. In this role, you will have exploratory conversations, qualify/disqualify prospects, schedule follow-up meetings and use your business acumen to identify how ThumbStopper can help a brand grow and successfully position ThumbStopper’s value proposition. Through a variety of outbound techniques, you will set qualified demos of our software with Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs)/Brands for our Account Executive(s). A drive to foster relationships and build revenue will position you for success in this role.
Job Duties / Responsibilities
- Prospecting and qualification: The BDR will be responsible for setting a steady flow of qualified demos through outbound initiatives to include phoning, email, social media, and others.
- Conduct high volume prospecting to qualify prospects through calls, emails, and social media (LinkedIn).
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive knowledge of ThumbStopper’s product(s), services, and marketing initiatives.
- Create and prioritize strategic target account lists within a defined industry.
- Analyze prospective customer needs and provide ThumbStopper product and services overview.
- Overcome objections and align ThumbStopper’s value proposition to customer needs.
- Manage and document activities, opportunities, and accounts in HubSpot.
- Schedule qualified product demonstrations with prospective customers for the Account Executive team.
- Prepare for and contribute to the strategic weekly deal review meetings.
- Responsible for defined lead generation metrics as agreed upon by BDR Lead, VP Revenue, and Management team.
- Understand and follow documented SOP’s to ensure your success
Additional duties and responsibilities as required.
- Contribute a minimum of 40 working hours per week, excluding lunch/breaks.
- Participate in the scheduled meeting(s) to discuss department priorities.
- Professional interaction with other team members including sales, marketing, customer success departments, and management.
- Flawless communication skills, both written and oral, with extensive public speaking experience
- Organized w/ attention to detail.
- Proven ability to build and maintain relationships with clients.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Working knowledge of the enterprise software market or the ability to learn new software quickly
- Demonstrated ability to work solo as well as being a productive team member, making outbound calls every day
- Must have a strong work ethic, be a competitive self-starter, eager to learn. A successful BDR begins each day with the end in mind and uses each moment of the day to achieve their goals.
- Organized & process built. As a BDR you will be managing multiple processes and organization is a trait necessary to be successful.
- Thorough understanding of commercial awareness and brand recognition to successfully establish rapport with prospects
- Strong communicator ready to make new connections with prospects. While the ThumbStopper message is simple, a standout BDR will be effective in communicating to prospects and internal team members.
- Have experience using sales enablement software tools such as HubSpot, LinkedIn, Facebook, Google Drive, and other similar prospecting applications
- Expand the deal flow for the Account Executive(s) you are partnered with by:
- Reaching or exceeding outbound performance KPI’s
- Communicating qualified opportunities to your team members
- Understanding the value ThumbStopper value proposition and being great at explaining it
- Must be an excellent problem-solver and willing to collaborate in an exceedingly competitive environment
- Must be passionate about influencing others using complex market research and focusing on continuous learning and improvement
Education / Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 1-2 years professional experience
- Experience in Software/SaaS sales or lead generation for enterprise consumer brands in an outbound environment leveraging phone, email, and social media (LinkedIn).
- Passionate drive to be successful, and able to find motivation in temporary setbacks.
- Always curious – you know your buyer; their business and what ThumbStopper means to their success.
- Demonstrated ability to meet quantitative goals, take direction, and work independently
- Experience using a CRM and/or other sales-enablement tools
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at a time.
Why ThumbStopper – Why do we exist?
We’re Bridging The Gap Between Brands and Their Retailers. ThumbStopper connects brands and retailers by directing brand content into retailers’ social media feeds so both parties can benefit from greater brand awareness and convert followers into customers. Online platforms like Facebook and Instagram are becoming hotbeds for brand discovery and business transactions. Most retailers are too busy managing their own business to have time to manage their social media presence. Through ThumbStopper, deploying consistent content becomes hands-free for retailers instead of active responsibility. Retailers do not have to worry about having a social media specialist or middle-man handling brand content and can focus on their business priorities.
- Competitive Compensation Packages
- Medical HMO or PPO
- Dental DMO
- 401(k) plan
- Company paid Life Insurance
- Company paid Short & Long Term Disability
- Company paid Accidental Death or Personal Loss
- Company paid Gym membership @ local L.A. Fitness
- Employee Assistance Program
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Flexible Working Options
- Community Volunteer Opportunities
Please send cover letter and resume to Careers@thumbstopper.com to be considered or apply below.