Marketing Manager / Director
Reports to VP of Marketing
Position located in Tampa, FL.
As the Marketing Manager at ThumbStopper, you’ll play a key role in the company’s value positioning, target account marketing, brand awareness, and overall presence, both online and offline. In this player/coach role, you will lead a team of internal marketing resources as well as manage external vendors and agency partners to successfully position ThumbStopper’s value proposition to our ideal customer profile.
Why ThumbStopper – Why do we exist?
Namely, there is a disconnect between brands and retailers. Although today’s successful brands are meticulous in maximizing brand awareness online and offline, many businesses do not operate with a corporately owned, direct-to-consumer business model. As a result, the marketing efforts that brands place into raising awareness on their corporate-facing platforms – such as their websites and social media pages – do not translate to the independent retailers tasked with selling their products.
The search for information has also shifted towards social. Online platforms like Facebook and Instagram are becoming hotbeds for brand discovery and business transactions. Since local retailers are rightly focused on selling, their attention is diverted from consistently managing quality organic social content. This leaves little chance for a brand’s message to remain consistent at the local retailer level.
To effectively market their brand via their retail network, brands need to take back control of their content’s narrative and manage its distribution, at scale. With ThumbStopper’s Brand Manager, we’ve enabled those brands to curate, segment, and syndicate their social media content to their retailer’s social media pages, 100% hands-free.
Through our solution, deploying consistent content becomes a passive component for retailers instead of an active responsibility. Thus, retailers do not have to worry about having a social media specialist or middle-man handling brand content and can focus on their business priorities.
- Assist in the development and implementation of the company’s brand strategy
- Produce effective marketing content that increases awareness, drives demand and amplifies the ThumbStopper story
- Ensure all marketing efforts serve to achieve immediate and long-term business goals, identifying and executing improvements for processes, content, and lead generation
- Utilize strong analytical ability to evaluate end-to-end customer experience across multiple channels and customer touch points
- Analyze, prepare, and report on the performance and efficiency of marketing via marketing activity reports and metrics for measuring program success
- Develop, implement, and track marketing programs such as email, social media, or digital campaigns, and events
- Provide direction on the segmentation of campaign audiences based on ThumbStopper’s ICP
- Design, develop, build, and execute thought leadership opportunities (webinars, in-person events) for the executive team as needed, including preparation, execution, moderating, and follow up
- Plan and manage meetings, events, conferences, and trade shows by identifying, assembling, and coordinating requirements, establishing contacts, and developing schedules and assignments
- Work with the marketing and sales teams to design and deploy campaigns to generate leads, qualify prospects and grow customers
- Collaborate with other internal teams (e.g. product and sales) to develop and monitor strategic marketing initiatives
- Provide market research, forecasts, competitive analyses, and consumer trends and analyze trends to identify new marketing opportunities
- Support the maintenance, development, and optimization of our CRM (HubSpot)
- Develop and create marketing materials, such as sales and product collateral, and ensure brand guidelines are met
- Maintain a directory and inventory of sales support and marketing materials, ensuring all resources are current and accurate, and coordinate the creation of new materials as needed
- Write, edit, and proofread content for a wide variety of marketing communications programs, including short-form content such as blog posts, infographics, emails and ad copy, and long-form content such as white papers, ebooks, collateral, presentations, video scripts and more
- Completes marketing department operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees and external vendors and following up on work results
- Work with and manages external agencies and vendors to execute marketing programs
- Crosstrain as needed to learn additional assignments within the marketing department including, but not limited to: lead generation, product management, social media, analytics reporting, asset design, and other responsibilities
- Stay up-to-date with current marketing industry trends and best practices and constantly bring new ideas to the table that will support the company’s business goals
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising, or communications
- 3-5 years of experience in marketing, B2B SaaS technology experience preferred
- Exceptional writing and copy editing skills, with ability to effectively tell stories that marry technology solutions with compelling marketing and sales messaging
- Experience with the communications mix (traditional, digital, social) and understanding of marketing principles
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong organization skills with a proven track record of successfully managing multiple projects and in a fast-paced, high-growth organization
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced setting with numerous projects, deadlines and stakeholders
- Ability to work in a team environment and collaborate with internal staff and clients
- Ability to work independently and proactively
- Passion for working in a fast-paced environment, comfortable with continuous change, and a willingness to roll up your sleeves and perform duties outside those described
- Proven working experience in all facets of marketing, particularly with a B2B SaaS
- Demonstrable experience leading and managing end-to-end, multi-channel marketing campaigns to drive marketing qualified leads
- Highly creative with experience in identifying target audiences and devising campaigns that engage, inform and motivate
- Strong, demonstrable knowledge of CRM best practices and management (HubSpot preferred)
- Solid knowledge of website analytics tools (e.g., Google Analytics, HubSpot Analytics, Google Tag Manager)
- Solid knowledge of digital marketing channels including paid social, SEM, SEO, and influencer/partner marketing
- Experience with WordPress or similar CMS platform
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in online marketing and measurement
- Ability to travel as necessary (trade shows, events)
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Competitive, high energy, driven, creative
- Organized w/ attention to details
- Proven ability to manage a team of marketers and agency partners
- Prolonged Periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at a time
The Employee Experience
- Ground floor opportunity
- On-site gym
- Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- Accidental Death or Personal Loss
- Company paid Gym Membership at L.A. Fitness
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance
- 12 paid holidays
That’s Us and its subsidiaries provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Please send cover letter and resume to HR@ThatsUs.com to be considered.