Job Role: PHP Developer
Reports to: Chief Technical Officer
Position located in Tampa, FL / Currently a Remote position, but local to Tampa Bay area. Minimal Travel required to fulfill the responsibilities of this role.
Job Duties / Responsibilities
Core duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following.
New software development:
- Write efficient, reusable code to accomplish tasks dictated by stakeholders and prioritized and approved by department heads.
- Utilize PSR-2 and our variant PSR-TU coding standards
- Utilize Laravel, Lumen, Vue.js, PHP7/5 for any new projects as dictated by needs and team agreement
- Follow test-driven-development best practices as defined within the team
- Maintain & improve existing software:
- Work in Trax, Laravel or other frameworks depending on scope
- Add programmatic testing wherever possible
- Be present for scheduled SCRUMs to discuss sprints, projects, tasks & tickets
- Utilize Slack (chat service) for internal daily communications
- Interact with Development, Product, and Support department heads as needed to complete assigned tasks
- Utilize Jira for project and development priority management
- Utilize BitBucket for code version control & code review
- Personally, and programmatically test any new / modified code before submitting merge requests
- Review others’ code for bugs / logical errors / performance issues and approve / deny as appropriate
- 2+ years of previous working experience as a PHP / Laravel developer
- 2+ years of Postgres / MySQL experience
- In depth knowledge of object-oriented PHP and Laravel 5 PHP Framework
- Hands on experience with SQL schema design, REST API design, API integrations
- Experience with Software testing (PHPUnit)
- Strong understanding of OOP and TDD concepts
- Familiarity with modern libraries and frameworks. ie: Vuejs, Bootstrap, jQuery, etc
- Expertise in developing highly scalable and performant web applications
- Contribute a minimum of 40 working hours per week
- Standard hours: 9am-6pm, 1-hour lunch
- Notify management via approved communication if leaving early or arriving late
- Be present for scheduled meetings to discuss company priorities
That’s Us and its subsidiaries provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Please send cover letter and resume to HR@ThatsUs.com to be considered.