In this role you will be responsible for creating and implementing an array of Web-based products. You will develop back-end components, connect the application with other web services, and assist front-end developers by ensuring their work integrates with the application.
Job Duties / Responsibilities
- Write efficient, reusable code to accomplish tasks dictated by stakeholders and prioritized and approved by department heads.
- Utilize PSR-2 and our variant PSR-TU coding standards
- Utilize Laravel, Lumen, Vue.js, PHP7/5 for any new projects as dictated by needs and team agreement
- Follow test-driven-development best practices as defined within the team
- Maintain & improve existing software:
- Work in Trax, Laravel or other frameworks depending on scope
- Add programmatic testing wherever possible
- Be present for scheduled SCRUMs to discuss sprints, projects, tasks & tickets
- Utilize Slack (chat service) for internal daily communications
- Interact with Development, Product, and Support department heads as needed to complete assigned tasks
- Utilize Jira for project and development priority management
- Utilize BitBucket for code version control & code review
- Personally, and programmatically test any new / modified code before submitting merge requests
- Review others’ code for bugs / logical errors / performance issues and approve / deny as appropriate
- Additional duties and responsibilities as required
- Contribute a minimum of 40 working hours per week, excluding lunch/breaks.
- Participate in scheduled meeting(s) to discuss department priorities.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Organized w/ attention to details.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- In depth knowledge of object-oriented PHP and Laravel 5 PHP Framework
- Hands on experience with SQL schema design, REST API design, API Integrations
- Experience with Software testing (PHPUnit)
- Strong understanding of OOP and TDD concepts
- Familiarity with modern libraries and frameworks ie: Vuejs, Bootstrap, jQuery, etc
- Expertise in developing highly scalable and performant web applications
Education / Experience
- High School Diploma
- Experience as a PHP Developer
- Prolonged Periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift to 15 pounds at a time.
- Competitive Compensation Packages
- Medical HMO or PPO
- Dental DMO
- 401(k) plan
- Company paid Life Insurance
- Company paid Short & Long Term Disability
- Company paid Accidental Death or Personal Loss
- Company paid Gym membership @ local L.A. Fitness
- Employee Assistance Program
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Flexible Working Options
- Community Volunteer Opportunities
That’s Us and its subsidiaries provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Please send cover letter and resume to Careers@thumbstopper.com to be considered or apply below.